- This event has passed.
Seal the 18th Deal
January 19 @ 8:00 pm - 11:59 pm
We’re hosting a weekend-long celebration Friday, Jan. 17 through Sunday, Jan. 19 to commemorate all things Prohibition: the 100th Anniversary of the first day of Prohibition; legendary gangster, Al Capone’s birthday; and featured cocktail recipes that date back to the early 1900s.
Beverage director and Prohibition’s lead bartender, Ryan Andrews, will feature a specially curated menu of eight cocktails, with recipes adapted from an antique cocktail book by Charles Smith, “Multum in Parvo” Smiles and Smacks or How to Mix Fancy Drinks. The book comes from a long-time bartender who worked at various speakeasys that were frequented by Al Capone in Chicago. It will be on display throughout the weekend to give guests the chance to learn about the history behind the cocktails.
The cocktails, priced at $14, will include:
- Brace up Saratoga, made with brandy, absinthe, sugar, bitters, lime and egg;
- Brandy Daisy, made with brandy, orange, lemon and seltzer water;
- Brandy Scaffa, a combination of brandy, raspberry, maraschino and Chartreuse;
- Golden Fizz, made with gin, egg, sugar, lemon and seltzer water;
- Knickerbocker, made with rum, curaçao, raspberry, lemon, pineapple and orange;
- Jersey Sour, a combination of applejack, sugar and lemon;
- Orgeat Punch, made with brandy, orgeat and lemon;
- White Lion, made with rum, curaçao, sugar, lemon and raspberry.
Partygoers who dress in 20s apparel will receive complimentary cover and the first 50 attendees will receive exclusive swag and gifts. There will also be live performances by local musicians throughout the weekend, with Ryan Erwin and Jason Brown scheduled for Friday, Jan. 17, Jenny O’Henny and Shane Hall on Saturday, Jan. 18, and Jenny and the Tramps on Sunday, Jan. 19